Thursday morning’s fatal fire was likely caused by an errant cigarette. Siuslaw Valley Fire Marshall Sean Barrett said the blaze that claimed the life of 73-year old Cassandra Hinkle started on an outside deck where she was known to sit and smoke. In fact, Hinkle’s caregiver said the last time she saw her charge was at two o’clock in the afternoon prior to the fire, sitting on a bench having a cigarette. Barrett said the fire spread and Hinkle’s cause of death, determined to be from smoke inhalation, are consistent with the likely cause.
More in Florence Oregon News:
- Sibling March Set For Saturday; Camera For City Posterity; Building to Stay…For Now March 22, 2018
- Building Stands – For Now; Bill Could Fund Park Infrastructure; Whale Season Begins March 20, 2018
- Accident Closes 101 For 5 Hours; Fred Meyer Commits to Stop Selling Guns; Barton Leaving to Take Post in Bend March 19, 2018
Our Town – February 2018
- Our Town February 2017
Our Town for the Month of February features 5 guests including Florence Mayor Joe Henry, Lane County Sheriff Byron Trapp, Nurse Anesthetist Jess Kubisch, Western Lane Emergency Operations Group Megan Messmer, and Publisher of the book The Essential Marilyn Monroe, Joshua Greene. Lane County Sheriff Byron Trapp Florence Mayor Joe Henry Nurse Anesthetist Jess Kubisch […]